Thursday, June 09, 2005

A New Obsession?

Well, I hate to admit it, but I think I may have a new obsession...

Since I make dollhouse accessories for a living - or, rather, a tax deductible hobby - I decided that maybe I should try building and decorating a dollhouse, if only to display my products in a realistic setting for my website. Maybe I can write it off? I chose the Coventry Cottage for my first endeavor.

It was delivered today. Excitedly, I opened up the box and looked through the kit. It contains 12 or 13 pieces of pseudo-cut plywood, ready to be broken apart, sanded, painted, and glued. First, one must read the instructions - this is a step I often skip, usually ending in my taking apart, reading the instructions and putting back together the correct way. This time, I am following the instructions. They are a bit hairy because there are close to a billion pieces. Dollhouses are like giant puzzles. And off I go. I'm about 1/3 done and have invested about 5 hours so far.

I'll post progress report/pictures as I progress, but right now it's late, I'm tired, and I have two pretty painful hot glue gun burns (one on my right index - i.e. typing - finger and the other on my lower left wrist - exactly where my arm rests on the laptop), so I am off to bed.

No comments: