Friday, June 03, 2005

Another Friday, Another Day Off

I recently cut back on my hours at my job and now have Wednesday and Friday off every week. I would like to say that I am using this time to keep my house clean and do yard work, but that is not so. Mostly, I putter on the computer, nap with the dog, or catch up on daytime tv.

Right now, the dog is in the recliner next to me with is legs straight (resting on the foot rest I put out for him) and his head resting (and hanging over) on the arm of the chair. When I reach over to pet him, his rear leg pops up for a tummy rub. Occassionally, his tail will swish and he will run in his sleep chasing one of the squirels that stand outside the glass door tormenting him while he is awake.

Why am I telling you this? No real reason. I am watching a show on Animal Planet called Growing Up Polar Bear and the orphaned polar bear featured reminds me of the dog. His (the bear's) favorite toy is a big blue plastic keg. Bookers favorite toy(s) is a plastic water bottle. When we give him the bottle he takes it an runs with joy, throwing it and kicking it for himself. The bear does the same thing with his keg.

The enclosure the polar bear is being moved to at the St-FĂ©licien's Wild Zoo in Northern Canada is stunningly beatiful. I found an article about the bears. It has a live webcam. (woo hoo!). I've added this to my list of places I want to visit.

Show's over, Star Trek TNG starting, so I shall sign off.

No comments: