Monday, April 25, 2005

jIyajbe'

For those of you who don't speak Klingon (myself included) the title means "I don't understand."

I have often pondered the mindset of "Trekkies". While I think it would be interesting to know a few phrases in Klingon, I can't imagine spending my every waking moment creating the perfect outfit for the next convention. I do catch myself watching Star Trek: The Next Generation whenever I flip past any channel that it is playing. Marathons can keep me parked in a recliner for the duration, but I wouldn't consiter myself to be Trekkie.

Now, I am watching Access Hollywood for lack of anything else on the television. They are doing a story about Star Wars and I am faced with the same "jIyajbe'" Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the movies and am looking forward to the next movie coming out. My question, what makes a person go to a convention and dress up like a character from a film? On man had a costume on that he said took him 3 (!) years to make. All I can do is shake my head.

pItlh.

No comments: