Wednesday, July 05, 2006

More pool drama...

So.

We went to the store yesterday and picked up some stuff that is supposed to cling to the iron in the water and make the stuff drop to the floor of the pool. I added it immediately upon arrival home and "stirred my cauldron" (Thanks, Craig). Now the waiting game again. Filter has to run for at least 8 hours. My Fourth marred by a lack of swimming in my pool, I grumpily sat at the computer all evening playing Runescape.

This morning we had a sick puppy (up every two hours vomiting, then diarrhea) so I didn't even remember to look at the pool. We came home at 11:15 to eat lunch and check on the puppy (still diarrhea, no more vomiting - taking puppy to the vet now at 2:45) and I still forgot to look to see if the iron had dropped out or decreased.

Came home at 2:00 to get the puppy (he is feeling a bit better, no more diarrhea now) and still forgot to look at the pool. The vet suspects the puppy has a virus and we just have to ride it out. He is much better now, demanding food (which is being limited to about 2 tbsp per half hour) and wanting to play.

NOW, I went out to check on the pool. Still brown. Sigh. I added a little more shock treatment and stirred the cauldron. I changed the filter - which was FILTHY with sediment. I skimmed the bugs out of the brown water. I am leaving the filter on overnight again, I'll change it again before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning.

I am starting to think we will have to drain the 4000+ gallons and refill the pool. I don't want to spend another $100 on water that I may or may not be able to swim in. Sigh. "Easy setup", "swim in a day". Hmmph.

On a side note...Happy Birthday, Bama Mammy!!

1 comment:

Craig said...

I'd rather not think about the cost of filling the thing. I'll just pretend it has no impact on our water bill.

Don't blame me for saying you were stirring your cauldron. You were standing in front of the pool slowly stirring it with the skimmer. All you needed was a pointy hat and a wart on your nose.