Thursday, May 26, 2005

Perspective

It is funny how your perspectives on things differ depending on your surroundings. As mentioned in my "About Me" section, I work in the office of a large insect farm. We grow and ship millions of bugs (one type) every week.

Today, when I strayed out of my "bug-free" zone to go to the bathroom, I was struck by an oddity in the bathroom. A blue sequin was sitting on the bathroom floor surrounded by living and dead bugs. The normal person might find the oddity to be the living and dead bugs. Not so. Here at the farm, that is the norm. On any given day, you could be joined by a dozen to a hundred bugs while going to the bathroom (closed toed shoes are a plus!). The oddity was the blue sequin. Most (all) blue collar farm employees do not have sequins on their clothing. Odd.

3 comments:

JAW said...

MK-

Happy Anniversary!

(I'd leave the same message on CK's blog, but for some reason his isn't accepting comments.)

Laziest Girl said...

Ahhh - very odd indeed. But the big question you should be asking is "who is moonlighting as a pole dancer?"

Melissa said...

Malibu Librarian - thanks!

Laziest Girl - it might scare you more than you can imagine if I described some of the pole dancing prospects. (while amusing it would be, there is a 0.001% chance that someone I work with 1)can read, and 2)would know what a blog is, so I better not...)