Sunday, May 01, 2005

Con

It is after midnight and I am too lazy go get up and go to bed so I am watching a show on Comedy Central called Con. I find the show slightly offensive for several reasons.

1.) The local news felt the need to have a ridiculous story about the show because the "star" (please read in as much sarcasm as you wish) is a "Grand Rapids native".

2.) "West Michigan native, so-and-so" is making a living out of scamming as many people, places, businesses, etc as he can - all while being followed around by (and talking directly to) a Comedy Central camera. Much of what he does is what I would consider stealing and lying.

3.) During the credits, in tiny print, it states that Comedy Central reimburses the people involved. I.E. They've just been Punked, not Conned. Although, I supposed they were Conned, for a few minutes, before the producer trailed behind the "West Michigan Native" to pay for all the things he stole or pay the people who were "hired" to work a job and ended up wasting their time and making fools of themselves.

I am obviously not impressed...yet, I continue to watch, because now I am committed for the 3o minutes to see how it ends. [[curse-ed laziness!]]

No comments: