Friday, December 29, 2006

So right this moment Craig is on the phone with crappycomputers.com trying to get service on my laptop. I asked him to do this for me because I have an extremely low tolerance for the "customer service" representatives who treat you like a complete moron when you have to call for service.

My laptop has been not recognizing the power supply on a consistent basis. It will work for a little while, then it will drop the AC power and run on battery until it shuts itself off. Its been getting worse and worse until now it won't even charge. We know what the problem is. The particular model has a class action law suit against crappycomputers.com for this exact problem! Essentially, he is sitting thru the garbage they will make him do before they say, "You'll have to send it in [[and be without it for 6-10 weeks]] for repairs."

The following is from my end of the overheard of the conversation.

First he sat on hold for about 10 minutes. Now he got a rep and she went thru the initial blah-blah nonsense. Then she told him to get a hairdresser and "blow out" the insides of the machine. (My input: Umm, as if I don't do that with the computer compressed air every few weeks).

Next she asked if the power light is on on the power supply. (Yes, and it has been on on BOTH power supplies we have!) Have you changed the location it is plugged in at? (Uhh, yeah).

At this point, I would have lost all patience with the dialog and would probably be gritting my teeth to keep from screaming at her. Anywho, he is still on the phone and I am irritated enough from just overhearing the conversation that I am ending my post now.

OH WAIT - new "C.S.R.". Yeah, I would really be irritated. Yup, they are having me send it in using the cheapest ground method of shipping they can provide, they'll keep it "5-8 business days", then of course another week of ground shipping to get it back to me. Sigh. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it to work long enough to copy my files (again) onto my spare computer in my garage workshop.

No comments: