Friday, December 08, 2006

Rockin' Around The Christmas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Of course!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, non blinking.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Um, no.

5. When do you put your decorations up? IF we put them up - we've had a puppy twice in the last 4 years over the holidays; puppies eat decorations - we put them up between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert): Mashed potatoes! (also my sister's green bean casserole, she makes her own mushroom soup for it!)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Staying at my grandparents house.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? One. However, I always open and rewrap my gifts because I can't stand the suspense.

9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights. Silver and white ribbons with snowflakes. Silver and blue ball ornaments and most other ornaments are clear.

10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We have a 1 year old Husky, I've been longing for snow for 6 months! Now, ask me again in 2 or 3 months.

11. Can you ice skate? Absolutely. I grew up in Wisconsin. I played hockey with my dad pretty much as soon as I could walk!

12. Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? I once had a Barbie who tanned when you brought her out in the sun. Unfortunately, my neighbor threw her up on the roof of the garage and by the time she was rescued she never recovered from the "burn".

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends. I also enjoy giving gifts.

14. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Cherry pie. I know, I know, but I don't care for pumpkin or pecan pies much (I can only tolerate a sliver - and I mean sliver of each).

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We've made a holiday tradition of having Chinese food (Joy Fong to be specific) for dinner on Christmas Eve.

16. What tops your tree? A big clear/silver snowflake that lights up. Remember Craig, we retired the Santa last year.

17. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night. (My favorite version is sung by Billy Gilman, but I like most renditions.)

18. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum:
Yummy!

No comments: