Friday, June 20, 2008

Security is one thing, stupidity and stubbornness are totally different

So, I had a check electronically issued from my bank to pay mother for watching the dogs a few weeks ago. She took it into her bank in Kenosha to cash it and the teller said she could not cash it because "it didn't have a signature".  Mother* claims she even spoke to the manager.  So I get "on the horn", so to speak, and have an online chat with my ez-pay teller to find out what the problem is (that tellers in Kenosha are stupid, apparently).  Shouldn't be a problem she tells me. Give your mother our phone number and have her bank call us to verify that it isn't a problem.

The text I sent Mother: ###-###-#### have your bank call my bank and they will hold their hand and walk them through the deposit process.

Mother's reply: Dont worry my bank still questions my payee* check afer a year*.

* Granted, she is not the brightest crayon in the box, is a few fries short of a happy meal, etc, etc and could possibly have done something moronic to deserve the check cashing ban. I mean, come on, the federal government doesn't trust her with her social security checks and requires her to have a * payee...


* I tell you what, if my bank were so stupid and difficult to work with, I'd have found another bank a year ago! Or I'd be the crazy who gets so frustrated and furious that I'd end up screaming at them in the middle of their lobby! IDIOTS!

No comments: