Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Moment of Truth.

We recently bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner (off of QVC, I hate to admit - they had flex-pay, so we could finally afford to buy one!). We've been in the market for a new vacuum for a while and wanted to get a Dyson because the old one was limping along and with 2 heavily shedding large dogs, we really needed a better cleaner. I also HATED dumping the canister of our old vacuum. It got crud all over the place, including my lungs, when you had to pull that stupid, filthy, filter out of the center of the canister.

Well, we are doing our Spring cleaning today and putting the Dyson to it's first major cleaning. I had the moment of truth a little while ago when I had to empty the canister for the first time. I LOVE THIS VACUUM! Push a button, squeeze a trigger, canister is empty. That alone makes this vacuum worth every penny! Plus (at the risk of sounding like a commercial) there are no filters to clean or replace, no belts to break, it is lighter, it's quieter. One drawback, it's purple and red and makes me feel like I'm pushing a little old Red Hat Society lady around my living room.

Oh, and, as an added bonus, I got a child sized vacuum with it too. Not that we have kids. I'm thinking of teaching Chewie to push the baby vacuum around the room.

1 comment:

crse said...

How about my younger brother trapped my older brother in a fishing boat and droned about the dyson for 45 solid minutes. Older brother was pissed til he got one. Now he admits it is really that awesome of a vacuum.