Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I've lost my hairdresser! and other miscellaneous stuff.

My hairdresser (MJ) relocated recently. According to Craig we discussed receiving a postcard from her saying where to find her. I have no recollection of this discussion and can't find the postcard! MJ if you are out there reading this, please send another card or call me at the farm! I'm desperate for a cut and need my eyebrows waxed. I'll tip double if you call! :) Update: I found MJ and I'm making an appointment in the morning!

Yesterday, in honor of my new pedicure, I wore sandals to work. I got bit on the toe by a cricket! I've worked here 5 years and worn sandals every summer and never been bitten by a cricket. I didn't even know they bit. My co-worker T also got bit yesterday. Do we have some freak batch of nasty ones running around? Can I blame this somehow on global warming?

Last night we took the dogs for a w-a-l-k. It was perfect weather. About 76 degrees F and the sun was starting to set so it wasn't blazing down on us. Chew hasn't started shedding his winter coat and was just ROASTING. When we got home he got into the tub and waited for me to turn on the shower for him. He laid in the tub basking in the rain of cold water for several minutes. Then he got out and shook - all over me.

We get a second estimate for a fence tonight. Hopefully this one will be more reasonable, because the estimate from Lowe's was pretty obscene. Update: We had a local fence company come out tonight. He was extremely nice and helpful and he was shocked at the quote we got from Lowe's. We are awaiting his official quote, but he expects it to be 1/3 of the other one. Even if it weren't, we'd go with them because he was so helpful.

We finally broke down and special ordered a portable dishwasher. It arrives Friday. Yeay.

Have I mentioned recently that I LOVE my car? We've had the Prius back from the body shop for a little more than a week now and every time I get in I breathe a sigh of appreciation. I just love that car.

We are leaving next week on the Amtrak for St. Louis. I've been looking forward to this trip for months. I need a vacation. We're going to the zoo and the Gateway Arch for sure, not sure what else we will do.

That's all the "miscellany" I have for now.

1 comment:

crse said...

Hi! Im here from my blogstalking of craig who i came from by blogstalking trixie! Your post spoke to me sister. I lost my stylist when she quit in a rage from the salon. I cant find her anywhere. It was 2004. I have not had a decent haircut or brow-wax since! So yay that you found mj!