Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Where have all the leaves gone?

This could be a post waxing poetic on the start of fall, but, alas (ye maties), it is not.

I've been trying (in vain?) to eat healthier meals. For lunch the last two days I have been having a salad at McD's. I admit, I don't ever expect much food-wise from any fast food chain. This is no different, but come on! Where do all the lettuce leaves go? The certainly don't go into their Premium salads! The ruffage in these salads consists of a VERY few green leaves of lettuce and the rest is the white core of the iceberg head. I ask again, where do all the green leafy leaves go?

They put into the salads the stuff that I throw away when making my own at home. So as I pick through my "salad" looking for any edible leaves of lettuce to eat with my 3 cherry tomatoes and shave (for lack of a better term) of carrot, I lament the fact that I am too lazy to go home and make myself a decent salad. Granted, I only have a 1/2 hour and to go home and prepare food while dealing with two needy dogs usually takes 40 minutes at the least.

BTW: Happy "international talk like a pirate day".

No comments: