Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New Favorite

Graphic description to follow. Read at your own risk.

I cut, no slice, my index fingers at least twice whenever I sit down for more than 15 minutes to make mini picture frames. I don't do it on purpose, it just happens. The miter cutter I have has an unprotected razor blade that comes down and chops the wood. I have to hold the wood in place and then move it and the scrap away to chop the next one. It is that move that causes me problems. I have to leave (I guess I don't have to, but it is now a habit) the chop arm in the up (exposed blade) position to slip the piece out of the way and insert the next one. As I move my hand away and out from under the blade, that is when it gets me. Usually in the exact same spot; a slice from my nail to my first knuckle. Not normally terribly deep, but enough to produce a nice flap of skin and plenty of blood.

WHAT, you may ask, does this have to do with a new favorite. Well, seeing as I use a minimum of 2 "bandages" several times a week, I have tried many brands. I opened a new package tonight and found my new favorite bandage. I have always preferred the Nexcare (3M) brand over the other leading and store brand bandages. Tonight proves no different. I tried the Nexcare Comfort Ultra Fabric Latex Free. What an awesome bandage! It is slightly stretchy and very flexible. It conforms perfectly to the wound and doesn't have those irritating corners/edges that catch and make it difficult to type. I type with all fingers as Mavis Beacon taught and have a rough time when I have inferior bandages on my fingertips.

Anywho. Try them next time you are at the store to pick up bandages. You won't be disappointed. That was all, now I have to go back to the frames. I almost look forward to my second slice of the night so I can use my new favorite bandages again!

1 comment:

Craig said...

1. I'm going to get you some Kevlar gloves like we have to have at work now.

2. Mavis Beacon? Dork. :)