Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I am disgusted.

During this tragic cleanup of the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, I am absolutely disgusted watching videos of people looting the deserted stores. I guess I am not surprised that it is happening, just saddened that these people care more about themselves than other human beings who are trapped, injured, and dying within walking distance. On every news channel you watch people laugh and celebrate as they ROB a store while being videotaped. The latest video showed two police officers participating! It turns my stomach and I hope in the years to come at least some of these people can be brought to justice from the videos. Especially the cops.

That said, I should add that our thoughts and prayers are with the rest of the people who have been affected by this storm (including my sister-in-law in Mobile, AL and my other sister-in-law in Birmingham, AL and their families).

No comments: